We tried to divide the yard into separate zones in terms of their functional use.
- [b][i]Fruit trees planting.[/i][/b] Planted into vases to be used as benches as well.
- [b][i]Jacuzzi area.[/i][/b] Private area with more trees around, less circulation.
- [i][b]Lounge area. [/b][/i]Sofas and the fireplace.
- [i][b]Front yard area. [/b][/i]Less functional use, mostly decoration-oriented design.
- [b][i]Main open area.[/i][/b] Multiple use (volleyball)
- [i][b]Playground area. [/b][/i]Attached to the open area. Visible from every spot. Paved in sand - more kid friendly.
- [i][b]Squashes and passion fruit plantation. [/b][/i]On the ground vs. on the pergola fruits.
Vegetation has been used to serve functions such as shading, privacy provision, fruit collection and decoration for the sake of comfort.
The existing concrete paved area, also the main circulation/distribution point to the other zones has been partially covered with a movable fabric. When closed it is to provide shading to the areas beneath, while when closed it is to provide more light to the inner environments.
- the covered area is to be used as the dining area (close to the kitchen) and as the place for the hammock.
- the uncovered area is to be used mainly for storage. (kids toys, wood and gas for the fireplace and barbeque, planting tools etc.)