Complete Backyard Project.
There are significant elevation and landscape challenges here...please see images and below dimensions. Please ask any and all questions!!
New home with unfinished backyard. Challenging topography with steep fallaway lot. Owner will consider significant retaining walls (or terracing), but would like to minimize if possible to avoid unnecessary costs and impact on the landscape/neighbors. Owner willing to consider any and all options including significant changes to existing home/driveways/structure. Looking for creativity!!
Project MUST Include:
- fire pit / seating area
- small kitchen (range, grill, sink, dishwasher)
- small bathroom (toilet, sink only)
- additional parking for TWO cars (note current existing driveway do not allow easy parking of cars while retaining access to garages)
- landscaping of space (we don't need specific plant varieties just inspiration...)
- isolation of pool (via fence) from all house exits/entries
- small flat play area for children
Project MAY include (owner wishes):
- expansion of existing deck to include access to backyard
Things to consider in design:
- EAST facing house; therefore significant sun exposure / heat in afternoon.
- steep incline (please see images and topo mapping for more information)
- significant height and drop off from existing deck
- parking spaces must take existing garages into account.
- parking spaces may be either on upper driveway level or lower level (see images)
- nearby houses - see images
- owner would like to retain some trees in back of lot for privacy