This project consists in the reconstruction of a two-story family house in Metro Manila, Philippines. Floor plan and photos of the existing structure are provided. The photos would give the designer an idea of the type of furniture and house style we like, and also the eye-sore aspects of the house we want to eliminate.
The existing one-story house will be completely demolished; however, the following restrictions shall apply:
• Existing peripheral wall and swimming pool shall remain intact.
• New house shall not touch peripheral wall, except at the car garage area
• Three existing plant box with palm trees shall also remain
Main requirements (must have):
Style: façade shall be Spanish Mediterranean, interior (living-dining area) shall be contemporary / modern Asian
Rooms: lanai in front of pool; living and dining rooms; large kitchen; maids room (2 people), service bathroom (sink, WC, shower); garage for two cars and four bicycles; office/studio; powder room (sink & WC), storage/laundry room (access from outside); bbq pit; Japanese room (washitsu) of between 4 to 6 tatamis; Japanese garden. Master bedroom with two separate walk-in-closets and master bathroom; guest bedroom in suite; two extra bedrooms for children sharing one bathroom; playroom for kids; craft room; storage room for luggage and others; family/TV room. A detailed description of each room to be provided separately.
Secondary requirements (nice to have, not compulsory):
small massage room; small gym.
Dimensions shall be in International Metric System. Designer shall take into consideration the following features of the house when preparing proposed concept:
• House to have grid-tied solar power supply system with battery back-up: please show solar panels in the roof and consider space for inverter and batteries.
• House to have grey water recycle treatment system (no need to design anything)
• Designer shall be careful to consider climatic conditions of site: urban tropical location, hot and rainy; very humid, heavy rain showers and typhoon prone area. I guess similar to what would be Miami area. Suggest considering mosquito nets on most windows, and air conditioning units and/or ceiling fans in most of rooms. Please consider/suggest location of motors for split type air conditioner units, if needed