This is a Mediterranean remodel/update with a focus primarily being the kitchen. The house is 4,400 sq. ft. 1/1/2 levels. The house is in excellent condition , but the kitchen needs to be expanded to be more functional.
1) to knock out a load baring wall between the kitchen and pool table room by using a beam.
2) to create a kitchen that has more than one cramped cleaning area.
3) to adda TV and sitting area that is open to the kitchen.
4) to keep: the existing flooring, double ovens,trash compactor, and wine cooler.
5)to add: a Wolff range/oven, a large side by side fridge/freezer, 2 dishwashers, a built in microwave oven, coffee br and possible bar(in order of importance).
6) to add more light through more kitchen windows.
7) walk in pantry.
8) a desk area.
9) Cabinets need to go all the way to the ceiling.
1)Load baring wall
2) flow and usable space in kitchen- the sq. footage is good, it is just the lay out.
3) the kitchen is dark.
4) It is not good for entertaining and we have a large family.
5) Pantry is not functional.
1) to go as contemporary as possible without compromising the integrity of the house.
2) to be able to entertain large parties efficiently.
3) to have an open concept kitchen with clean lines and lots of natural light.
4) to be able to have pizza parties on friday nights if we have the space to do so.
5) to have a very organized, orderly, kitchen with lots of drawer space and storage.
6) I would love dark wood beams and dark contemporary cabinets.
1) We have no house plans.
2) There used to be a bathroom on the wall where the 2 sconces are.
3) There is also a gas dryer in the laundry room to the left of the sconces.
4) I do not mind losing the door at the front of the house that enters into the pool table room.
5) the tile installer said the stone is all going the same direction- it appears to change directions when you walk into the pool room. I need to keep this flooring.
6) the ceilings are different heights.
7)the water heater is in the attic above the pool table room.
8) when you look t the front of the house, the kitchen window is on the far right close to a small door on the right side.
9) We do not want load bearing beam in the ceiling coming down into the floor.
We would like regular plan drawing in scale, 3D views of kitchen and pool table room. I would love help with the choices, the appliances, cabinets, windows, lighting, countertop and paint colors. I would also like to know if I should choose dark hardwoods on the staircase or a carpet that would not show heavy traffic- this leads to a den. I would also like any ideas on how to decorate the landing by the stairs.
My favorite designer is Kelly Hoppen. I love her use of color ,textures, and lighting. I like her clean lines, but luxurious look. I would like mine to be more family friendly with a more organic touch. We are currently remodeling our pool and courtyard that comes directly off the kitchen. The decking will be Ipe wood stained dark and our pool will be in a midnight blue . The light fixtures will be done in a rustic contemporary.