I recently purchased a 1957 cape cod single family home and I would like to receive interior design ideas (plans) for the living room and dining room. The living room is approximately 14' x 12' and the adjacent dining room is approximately 8.6' x 11'. The ceiling heights are 8.5'. I would like to possibly utilize two of my old WW1 and WW2 posters attached in the photos section (I am open to other painting/poster ideas as well). I am looking for a contemporary design that incorporates natural tones and/or wood and grey tones. I would also like to achieve a design that is contemporary, but also highlights the older charms of the original architecture and existing finishes. The design should also include the 50" flat screen TV that will be hung on a wall. The following list lets you know of my preferences and likes/dislikes:
What I am looking for:
- a couch/sofa design that is of a grey hue and isn't over stuffed (but very comfortable), and more contemporary/modern. A sectional sofa is also open to consideration.
- An inviting, yet contemporary paint color for the walls. I like accent walls of blue or grey/brown, but am open to creative ideas.
- Would like to receive area rug ideas for the space as well. I like geometric or plain patterns
.- Would like to receive lighting ideas for the spaces as well. I have included a few of my lamp/lighting favorites, but am open to creative suggestions.
- Ideas for wall art. I have included two of my posters, but am open to creative suggestions. I like my wall pieces to be simple, yet impacting or striking.
Things I don't like:
- chrome, industrial metal pieces, or glass. I am more of a wood and earthy tone kind of guy. I definitely want contemporary, but not that style of contemporary.