I am a single guy who bought his first condo in August 2013. I live in Boston, MA and work in the tech industry.
I am looking for help in coming up with a theme/style for my loft space. I like clean, contemporary and modern, but it has to be comfortable. I do not like a lot of clutter.
My overall budget for this project is $10K- $20K.
Main purpose is for watching TV and entertaining guests. I often have friends from out of town stay over on weekends, so I would like to have one piece of furniture be a full sleeper pullout. I have looked around a little, and I like the Crate & Barrel Axis II sectional, but am open to other ideas.
- My current TV is a 58" plasma.
- I would like an area rug here.
- I like a chaise sofa or something with an ottoman to put feet up.
- I don't love the current wall color (sky bluish), so I am open to changing it.
I would like the bedroom to be tranquil. I often read at night, so I would like a nice lighting option that can be turned on/off from the bed.
I am thinking it would be nice to have a little separation between my bedroom and the bathroom entrance. This way, when people come over they don't feel like they are walking right into my bedroom when they have to get to the bathroom.
I like the wall color in this room (some sort of brown), so it can stay the same, or I'm open to another darkish color.
The kitchen needs some storage added for plates and glassware.
I have a tiki bar that I would like to keep. I am not sure how this will blend with the rest of the style of the loft, so I am hoping it can be made to work. I would like a rug or something beneath the bar and stools to help cancel noise for the downstairs neighbors. The cocktail table (see pictures) can stay or go.
I am open to having a dining table or somewhere to sit and eat with guests. It would also serve as a place to play cards and board games.
- I would like a work area for a computer. I am a software designer, and I occasionally work at home.
- I would like ideas for artwork, wall decorations, and window treatments.
- Please provide names and brands of items and where to purchase.
- Ideas for the bathroom would be a bonus, but not needed to win this contest.