Upgrading of pedestrian areas outside the shopping center " Le Vele " and Entertainment center " Millennium " located in Cagliari ( Sardinia , Italy ).
GOOGLE LOCATION LINK: https://email@example.com,9.1650145,573a,20y,41.6t/data=!3m1!1e3
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE:
The upgrading of the outdoor pavimentations aims to replace the existing pavement with a new one, unifying the “architectonic language” of the pedestrian area in order to re-establish the continuity of the complex.
The actual paving, in fact, makes the different buildings look like stand-alone pieces rather than an homogeneous architecture.
STATE OF ART:
Sundry and seamlessly materials with different bearing structures constitute the current outdoor paving of the shopping center, this has been caused by different maintenance interventions and enlargements.
As first analysis were performed drillings in 5 different points. The results revealed an electro-welded mesh reinforced concrete screed with the following thicknesses:
POINT 1 (Concrete tiles flooring – 4cm) total THK = 18 cm
POINT 2 (Klinker tiles flooring – 1,8cm) total THK = 16 cm
POINT 3&4 (Klinker tiles flooring – 1.8cm) total THK = 14cm
POINT 5 (Gres tiles flooring – 0.7+0.3 cm) total THK = 14 cm
As attachments, you will find a state of art plan including the different typologies of existing pavings and the results of the core drillings analysis.
- 20mm THK Gres with a Stone/Granite effect must be used for the new pavement;
- flamed or bush-hammered finish;
- The material must be choosen among the Marazzi
(http://www.marazzigroup.com/) or Cotto d'Este(http://www.cottodeste.it/en/Home/) brands outdoor collections. (not uniform texture is preferred.)
- Use maximum 3 shades of grey or light sand color.
- The pattern must be transversal to the pathways or can be diagonal, for reasons related to joints directions.
- Develop one or more pattern solutions including exterior furniture and lighting.
- Develop peculiar "scenic" solutions for the night-lighting.
- Advice on possible pavimentation finishes in order to facilitate maintainance and cleaning (e.g. chewingums)
- Detailing where neccessary.
As basis for your perspectives use the photos 11-18-31 and 1_Night that you can find as attachments.
If you need to produce more perspectives views feel free to use any other additional picture from the "state of art_day" folder attached.