This project is for the design of a small yard, fence, porch, and awning for a 6-unit building in the city of Chicago. The front porch and awning are ugly and wobbly and need to be replaced. Also, there is a tree that is interfering with the foundation and needs to be removed. My goal is to have a new, solid and attractive porch and awning that is in keeping with -- and elevates -- the architecture of the house. I also want an easy-to-maintain fenced-in front yard with 6 built-in mailboxes.
- style should be traditional, not modern
- yard should be easy-to-maintain... preferably without grass
- must be space to lock up a couple bikes
- fence must enclose fron yard and can not cross lot line
- existing porch and awning must be removed
- tree must be removed
- Chicago porch code to be considered
- 6 mailboxes needed (mount on front fence)
- a seating area in front yard would be nice but not necessary
- most likely material for fence is wrought iron
- I am not open to changing the facade of the house
- Prefer to keep the main front door
I will choose the option that is most attractive and meets the criteria above.