FORUM 8. Co, Ltd. is a cutting-edge engineering software company that develops 3DVR/FEM packaged software and systems. FORUM 8 is currently finishing its employee residence, located in Shinagawa, Tokyo. The exterior design has not been finalized and we would like to ask capable and passionate designers to submit their proposals for a shared lawn area with the neighbouring residents.
Although the land of the site is owned by FORUM 8, we envision a place that could provide with the locals a better environment as well.
・ Please design a lawn sharable with the neighbours, at the 3m * 15m private lawn strip, located south of the site.
・ Proposals should contain planting designs and/or practically functional gimmicks.
・ On both sides of the road are private homes. Your design should not negatively affect their life or intrude their property in any possible way.
・ The lawn is also connected to the backdoor of the residence building. Although likely less frequently used than the main entrance, the design works should not obstruct personnel movement in and out of the building.
・ Cannot go beyond the boundaries of the site nor negotiate for the destruction of any surrounding buildings.
・ Although we are not proposing a budget, cost feasibility will be a factor of evaluation. Please propose plans that are financially feasible without sacrificing quality.
Documents to Submit
- Brief description of concept (recommended limit of 200 words)
- At least 1 plan drawing, and 2 perspective or axonometric view drawings.
- 3D model (3ds, fbx, dae, obj and texture files. File name length should be less than 8 characters)
Relevant Sites and Materials
- Company Website
- Company Profile
- The VR data of current showroom may be viewed online through VR-Cloud(R) (The location of some systems have been slightly changed). To use VR-Cloud(R), please follow the following steps:
1. Download VR-Cloud(R) Client Version (Free). http://ftp.forum8.co.jp/forum8lib/ucwin/Cloud/vrcloudclientsetup_6.1.exe
2. Access the FORUM8 Takanawa House data from the following link:
We will evaluate ideas by using this system.
- 2D plan dxf data
- 3D model data (dxf,3ds, sketchup, rhino)