I would like some plans to upgrade my whole house in phases over the next few years. My goal for going through Arc Bazaar is have a comprehensive plan that meets all of my priorities within a set budget. The budget on upgrading the house is $60,000.
My priorities are as follows:
- Increase house value (square footage, upgrades, curb appeal, etc.)
- Increase income potential (additional space for rental income. I currently rent out two rooms, and I would like to rent out more so the mortgage is covered.)
- More bathrooms (more toilets in particular)
- Natural light throughout the house and passive solar as many places as possible
- Phased design – I will be living in the house while construction is going on, so I need to isolate the sections while working on them.
- Green design where possible.
I have included a pdf of the existing house and its measurements. The original layout is roughly to scale, but the measurements are rounded to the nearest inch. The house is definitely not square anymore. I have also included several pictures of the interior and exterior of the house. If you would like pictures or measurements of anything in particular, just let me know.
I have also included several concepts that I think may fulfill my goals. Each includes more square footage and more bedrooms and bathrooms. They also include moving the kitchen to open up the living room. None of the ideas include modifying the current bedroom layout because I think that it works. I would like to avoid any build outs into the back yard, so I would only like to extend forward. I am not married to the ideas I have proposed; if you have better ideas on how to meet my priorities and keep within my budget, I definitely want to see them (that is the purpose of using Arc Bazaar).
I am providing samples of architecture that inspire me in order to give you a sense of my style. However, please don't take this to mean that I expect the house to look like this; I just want the house to look nice. The best case scenario would be a design that takes the bones of the house and makes it shine. Styles that attract my attention include: Natural, Tudor, Modern/futuristic (like steam punk), and Whimsical. I am including a link to my Pinterest site of other architectural images as well as some images I have collected over the years.
Thank you for your interest in helping me design my new space!